Can you believe that we’re a mere stone’s throw away from our next celebration already? With Valentine’s Day being just 3 weeks away, I thought I’d highlight some adorable pieces I’ve stumbled upon lately to keep your little one’s looking stylish while braving the extreme heat we’ve been experiencing lately in SA.
Let’s face it; one of the fun parts about being a parent is being able to play dress up every day! Even more so with little girls, and I’m all for dressing according to theme. But this year, I thought I’d take a step back, instead of going for an overly themed ensemble, I added pops of colour as a nod of appreciation to Valentine’s Day.
On the odd occasion when Valentine’s day falls over the weekend, we try to squeeze some couple time into the festivities. This rarely happens, and we’ve ended up celebrating this day together as a family of 4.
As a child, Valentine’s Day meant dressing up for school in your best red and white outfit and handing out Valentine’s Day cards and chocolates to everyone in the class. Traditionally the colour palette of V Day has always been red and white, but with every generation and cycle of new Moms, we tend to break the fashion rules more often (or are we creating new rules altogether?).
Valentine’s Day clothing isn’t just for girls; those heartbreaker boys have some pretty great options too!
- Captain Know it All T-Shirt, See Saw (R119)
- Denim Jogger, H & M (R89)
- All you need is Love, Love Made Me (R150)
- Tomy Takkie, Tomy (R180)
- Boys Sunglasses, Spree (R79)
- Cotton Bermuda, Woolworths (R180)
- Cotton dress, H & M (R89)
- Ballet dress, H & M (R229)
- Girls leggings, H & M (R89)
- Lace Top, Pop Candy (R129)
- Mon Ami top, London Hub (R139)
- Girls stripe headband, Earthchild (R99)
- Classic leggings, Earthchild, (R109)
- Cotton Sundress, See Saw (R140)
- Cotton Dress, Earthchild (R240)
*For a few more pastels, be sure to check out last week’s column!
But if you’re looking for Valentine’s duds that won’t be out of season as soon as Valentine’s Day is over? Look no further, white and red (even pinks) are all classic colours which will never die out. Why not add a pop to your little one’s wardrobe this summer with these.
- White crochet top, Mr Price (R59.99)
- Polka Dot shorts, Pop Candy (R179)
- Love Arrows Bodyvest (also available in tshirt), Love Made Me (R150)
- Watermelon Sundress, Soobe (R145)
- Layered dress, London Hub (R179)
- Red polka dot peplum top, See Saw (R89)
- Classic white leggings, Earthchild (R79)
- Flutter sleeve shirt, Woolworths (R140)
- Soft lace skirt, Woolworths (R140)
- Tiered Top, See Saw (R130)
The Kids Style File – FASHION FIND
Love Made Me offers custom printed baby and kids designs for the modern child. Our aim is to provide high quality, gender neutral kids clothing at an affordable price. Go on and check out our Facebook page for more Valentine’s Day inspired creations.
Happy Shopping and Happy Valentine’s Day!
If you love kids fashion as much as I do, be sure to follow The Kids Style File on Pinterest!
I’m always on the hunt for awesome locally produced kids products, so if you stumble across something that knocks your socks off please let us know at firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line The Kids Style File with Lindsay!