The Almond may be known for its use as snacks or in confectionary, but people seldom think of it as a beauty treatment or health aid. Yet, the ancient Egyptians praised the little nuts for their beautifying effect on the skin.
Modern beauticians still love applying almond oil. And people who care for their health may find it handy to know that a handful every day is packed with nutrients and will help to lower cholesterol and ward off heart disease. Not bad for a little nut emerging from something similar to a wrinkled peach!
It’s doubtful if the ancient Egyptians knew about the almond’s generous vitamin E content and how it helped their skins with that satisfying healthy glow. But they did know how to concoct all kinds of lotions and potions with almonds as the core ingredient. Some of those recipes have leaked out and modern beauticians still prefer almond-infused products based on them.
Homemade Almond Mask Recipe
- 7-8 tbsp raw almonds (Tip: Use good quality almonds such as Montagu Dried Fruit & Nuts almonds)
- 1 tbsp pure honey
- ½ tbsp fresh lemon juice
- Soak raw almonds in a covered bowl of water overnight.
- Remove the almonds from the water the following morning and mash with a fork into a paste.
- Add the honey and lemon juice. Mix well together until you get a smooth-like texture.
- Remove all makeup and clean the skin.
- Apply face mask to the face and neck, avoiding the eye area.
- Leave the mask on for 10 minutes.
- Remove with cotton wool and lukewarm water. Use a towel to pat the skin dry.
- Apply skin toner and a light oil-free moisturizer.
And voila! Cleopatra in all her glory. It’s SO easy! Be sure to share it with all your friends!
It’s good to know that the treatment cost you a fraction of what you would have to fork out for another product. Not to mention that all the ingredients are natural, agreeable to a wide range of skin types and of use for other things too.
Almonds provide the vitamin E for luster and suppleness, honey has antibacterial properties and external application on wounds and cuts makes them heal faster. It is great for moisturizing and nourishing your skin. You can find the glorious almond in all Montagu stores nationwide.
All hail the almonds.
Wanting to try that recipe yourself? Well Montagu is giving away 2 gorgeous Mother’s Day hampers valued at R500 each!
Each hamper will contain raw Cashew; Mango Strips; Apple Wedges; Linseed/Flaxseed; Sunflower seeds; Pine Kernels and of course Almonds!
For more information on all the products Montagu Dried Fruit & Nuts have to offer and to locate your nearest store visit: www.montagudriedfruitnuts.co.za
HOW TO ENTER
- Share this competition with the easy buttons on your left of this article
- Tag Tums 2 Tots Online and a friend you think might love this Almond Face Mask recipe on your shared post
- Complete the easy entry form below (ONLY ENTER ONCE – Your entry is only counted if you complete the form; multiple entrants will be removed)
The winner will be announced on Friday 29 April. If we are unable to reach you before midnight on Monday 09 May, another winner will be selected.
*This competition is sadly only open to those currently residing in South Africa