I think schools have Bakerman and cake sales just to remind parents who is in charge. It is frowned upon to grab a pack of cupcakes from Spar at 7h00 in the morning and try pass them off as your own… Trust me they KNOW. So these are some of my bakerman hacks!
- Oreo cookies – Mix up some icing, dip the oreos into the icing and then into 100s & 1000s. For added points pop some sosatie sticks into them and you have Oreo lollipops. (Checkers have a cheaper version of oreos)
- Marie Biscuit Faces – Take some smarties, use some icing and make some cool faces onto marie biscuits.
- Ready mix muffins – add oil, eggs and water, pop in the oven and you have muffins. Dip into icing and 100s & 1000s and you are sorted.
- Marshmallow pops – dip marshmallows into some melted chocolate and then in 100s&1000s or chocolate vermicelli or whatever you have, stick in some sosatie sticks and you are ready.
- Rice crispie treats – mix rice crispies with some mixed icing and add a little cocoa and pop into paper cases.
These hacks do require having certain things in your cupboards… So if you don’t have them, add them to your grocery list for emergencies. Keep all of these goodies in a box – sort of like a Bakerman Emergency box.
Bakerman Emergency Kit: icing sugar, marie biscuits, oreos, smarties, 100s & 1000s (seriously these things make EVERYTHING ok, sort of like glitter), ready mix muffins, sosatie sticks, paper cases
If you have any tips or ideas for Bakerman or there is something you would like Laura to share or write about, send us a mail to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject Schooled with Laura.
*You can learn more about Laura here.