With 2016 all wrapped up, and the beach sand shaken off the summer sandals, it’s time to take 2017 by the horns and keep those new year’s resolutions on track for as long as possible! If one of them was to serve up some scrumptious new family meals, this little winner could just be the recipe you’re looking for! Give your kids a head start this new year with this attractive back-to-school breakfast, crammed with ALL GOLD goodness and flavour!
BACK-TO-SCHOOL BREAKFAST FRITTATA (Serves 4)
What you need
- 250 g Enterprise Streaky bacon, chopped
- 8 eggs
- Salt and milled black pepper
- 20 g butter
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 medium potatoes, cooked, peeled and cubed
- 1 can All Gold Mediterranean Style Diced Tomatoes
- 45 ml parsley, chopped
- 125g Cheddar cheese, grated
What to do
- Preheat the oven to grill. Place bacon on a baking tray lined with foil.
- Grill for 1 to 2 minutes each side or until crispy.
- Drain the bacon on a plate lined with a paper towel.
- Chop the bacon into bite-sized pieces and set aside
- Whisk the eggs together and season with salt and pepper and set aside.
- Melt the butter in a heavy-based, ovenproof non-stick frying pan over low heat.
- Add onion and crushed garlic. Cook, stirring occasionally, for 3-4 minutes or until the onion softens.
- Add the cooked bacon, cooked potato, All Gold Mediterranean Style Diced Tomatoes and the parsley.
- Scatter the cheese over the top and pour egg mixture into the pan.
- Lift and tilt the pan to distribute the egg mixture evenly.
- Reduce the heat to low and cook for 7 – 8 minutes or until frittata is almost set (its surface should still be slightly runny). Alternatively, bake in an oven preheated to 180°C for 10-15 minutes, depending on the depth of the frying pan.
- Place the pan under the grill.
- Grill frittata for 3-5 minutes or until just set and lightly golden.
How To Serve
- Allow to cool for 2 minutes.
- Cut the frittata into wedges and serve at once.
- Fresh rocket leaves (optional)
- Grilled cherry tomatoes (optional)
Add some chopped green chilli for extra bite or a generous dollop of ALL GOLD Hot & Spicy Tomato Sauce… it tastes real good!