Celebrate Mother’s Day by spoiling that incredible woman in your life with the best Mother’s Day breakfast ever! We are sharing the recipe for amazing savoury crumpets from ALL GOLD!
So… which special Mother’s Day breakfast should you make? If you go for the traditional bacon, eggs and toast or a delicious frittata, be sure to add ALL GOLD Tomato Sauce… SA’s most loved Tomato Sauce*! Or you can serve fresh croissants with one of the gorgeous ALL GOLD jams. And if mom prefers fresh and cold, a strawberry smoothie made with ALL GOLD strawberry jam.
If you feel like making something different, we have just the scrumptious treat for you! Crammed full of the goodness and love we have come to expect from ALL GOLD, these Savoury ALL GOLD Crumpets with Crispy Marmalade Bacon are the perfect expression of gratitude and appreciation from you to her.
Mother’s Day Breakfast – Savoury Crumpets with Crispy Marmalade Bacon
Preparation Time: 30 minutes
What you need
For the bacon:
- 250 g streaky bacon
- 65 ml (¼ cup) ALL GOLD seville orange marmalade
For the crumpets:
- 45 ml (3 tbsp) sunflower oil
- ½ red pepper, finely chopped
- 4 spring onions, finely chopped
- 5 ml (1 teaspoon) crushed garlic
- 3 ml (½ cup) dried chilli flakes
- ½ can (410 g) KOO whole kernel corn, drained
- 240 g (2 cups) cake wheat flour
- Salt, to taste
- 10 ml (2 teaspoons) baking powder
- 3 extra-large eggs, beaten
- 100 g butter, melted
- 500 ml (2 cups) buttermilk
- 45 ml (3 tbsp) finely chopped fresh coriander
What to do
For the bacon:
- Preheat oven to 190°C.
- Line a baking sheet with baking paper.
- Arrange the bacon on the baking tray and brush each side with ALL GOLD Seville Orange Marmalade.
- Bake in the oven for 20 minutes until crispy.
- Remove from oven and keep warm.
For the crumpets:
- Heat oil in a frying pan and sauté red pepper and spring onions for 3 minutes.
- Add garlic and chilli flakes, fry for 2 minutes.
- Remove from heat, fold in kernel corn and set aside to cool.
- Sift together cake flour, salt and baking powder in a large mixing bowl.
- Mix together eggs, butter and buttermilk in a small bowl.
- Add to the dry ingredients together with the pepper mixture and herbs.
- Mix well.
- Warm a non-stick frying pan over medium heat.
- Pour a little oil into the pan, place about 2 tablespoons of batter for each crumpet and fry for 2 minutes or until bubbles appear on the surface.
- Turn over using a spatula and brown the other side for a further 1 minute.
- Remove from pan and keep warm.
To serve, stack crumpets on a plate and top with bacon and drizzle with marmalade glaze. Serve with softened savoury cream cheese.
With ALL GOLD’S EZO easy to open lids on the ALL GOLD Seville Orange Marmalade, leaving the kitchen spotless afterwards will guarantee you extra hugs and kisses from that special lady. So let her sit back and enjoy, as you channel your inner Master Chef and whip up a mouth-watering delight made with love and ALL GOLD!
Best of all, there should be enough crumpets for you and the entire family to savour and share! Here’s to a wonderful Mother’s Day!
*In a blind taste test conducted by Market Instinct in 2016, 84% of the 420 respondents gave ALL GOLD Tomato Sauce a positive overall product rating.
For more tasty recipes, crammed full of goodness, which taste real good:
1. SHARE this article to your social media with the easy share buttons
2. VISIT the ALL GOLD product page here and tell us in the comments which ALL GOLD product is your favourite
3. Comment #ALLGOLDMOMS on the Facebook post
DON’T FORGET TO LEAVE YOUR NAME AND EMAIL ADDRESS IN THE FORM BELOW! WE NEED TO BE ABLE TO CONTACT YOU TO SEND YOU YOUR PRIZE!!
Good luck everybody!!
If we are unable to reach you within 7 days, another winner will be selected.
*This competition is sadly only open to those currently residing in South Africa