Why I’m ALL IN for car seat awareness

Second – only to intentionally hurting your children – is not caring if someone else does.  Lock your child into his car seat or I will call your parenting into question.

There are actually no real words to describe the thoughts that go through me when I see children wandering around the back seats of cars, or worse, on their mothers laps in the front seat.  Once I even saw a kid sitting on the DRIVERS lap while driving on the free way. Seriously?  How in the name of all that is good in this World can you call yourself a parent that cares about your child, if you don’t care enough to strap them into a car seat?  No really, how?

Where's the car seat

I was going to title this post, “Use A Car Seat Or I’ll Punch You In The Face”. But I doubt that I can combat ignorance with violence.  Plus, I’m probably half the size of the person I want to lay into, so I’ll come out the loser.  In the end, their kid will still be wondering around the back seat of their car while I nurse my broken body.

Although, the problem with not saying or doing anything about it, is that one day it might be turned around.  I’ll be walking around fine and dandy, while they’re holding the broken body of their toddler in their arms.  Dramatic much?  Maybe, but guys, children not strapped into car seats is the FOURTH largest cause of unnatural deaths of children in South Africa.  And only 15% of children are strapped in.  That leaves a whopping 85% of South Africas children open to a terrible and totally preventable death.

So I asked myself, “Self, why are so many little lives being lost when it’s so easy to stop it?

CLICK HERE TO READ MORE OF THIS STORY FROM 3 KIDS, 2 DOGS & 1 OLD HOUSE

Click here to find out more about this article’s author, Cindy

Be sure to SHARE!

You have the power to save a little life. One share, seen by one person, who straps in one child, saves a life. #CarseatFullstop

#CARSEATFULLSTOP IS SPONSORED BY VOLVO CARS. YOU CAN DOWNLOAD THE FREE CHILDREN AND CARS MANUAL HERE.

CSFS Banner

Save

Save

CarseatFullstop

CarseatFullstop

#CarseatFullstop is a national car seat awareness intiative. The message - #CarseatFullstop. Every child. Every time. No matter what.

1 Comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.

You may use these HTML tags and attributes: <a href="" title=""> <abbr title=""> <acronym title=""> <b> <blockquote cite=""> <cite> <code> <del datetime=""> <em> <i> <q cite=""> <s> <strike> <strong>

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.