Celebrity Surf Day in aid of Missing Children

The sad reality in South Africa is that a child goes missing every five hours, according to figures released by the South African Police Service Missing Persons. Missing Children South Africa (referred to as MCSA) is a registered non-profit organisation. They devote their time to bringing missing children home safely. Fortunately, according to Missing Children South Africa’s statistics, 77% of children are found. Sadly, this still leaves at least 23% of the children not found, largely because of huge budget restraints.

On Saturday, 09 September 2017, Surf Emporium Muizenberg will host their annual Celebrity Surf Day. The event raises funds for MCSA to assist them in their incredible mission to bring home SA’s missing children. All proceeds go to MCSA. We will have a total of 100 spots available for a fun, group surf lesson!

Celebrity Surf Day for missing children Poster

Ever dreamed of surfing with some of your favourite SA celebs? Well now you can! Sign up to Surf Emporium’s Celebrity Surf Day now and surf with some of SA’s top athletes, comedians & even surfers!

Support in one of 4 easy ways

1. Sign up for a 1.5 hour surf lesson with a team of South African celebrities!

Spend the morning surfing with a team of your favourite celebrities. This will be a 100 person group lesson where the celebrities will move between the learners of the group.

– The celebrities this year include SA cricketers Dale Steyn, Faf du Plessis & Morne Morkel as well as Olympic medallist, Cameron van der Burgh and funny-man, Nik Rabinowitz. With more celebrities to still be released!
– 1.5 hour professional surf coaching
– All equipment hire including surf board, wetsuit & rash-vest
– Professional high resolution images
– A participation certificate
– Celebrity signed Surf Emporium peak cap
– Post surf vida e caffè lunch (solo hot chocolate & cheese toastie).
Total: R399 per person

nik rabinowitz missing children
Looking for a fun team-building event?

In addition to the above, Surf Emporium also has incredible corporate group offerings which are amazing for team-building and/or end of year functions to encourage camaraderie, whilst doing something fun and for a great cause:

– Only R3990 for a group booking of 10 employees/clients. – Only R7980 for a group booking of 20 employees/clients

**If your office is too big, you can secure more than one group booking to separate your departments for some friendly competition! Even better yet, invite your clients to get involved as a year-end gesture!

Learn to surf for missing children
2. Sponsor a child from Waves 4 Change and allow them the opportunity to surf with the group of celebrities

Sponsor a child from Waves for Change the opportunity to participate in the lesson above. People can also make a “donation” of an amount of their choice, knowing that R399 gives one child a place but if there are smaller donations it adds to towards a child’s place. 100% of the donation goes to MCSA.

missing children surf lesson
3. Purchase donated memorabilia – 100% of sales go to MCSA

You can buy a variety of memorabilia items on sale. 100% of the sale goes to MCSA. These items will go on display in the Surf Emporium Surf School front window as soon as we have them.

4. Purchasing a raffle ticket

Purchasing a raffle ticket for R100. 100% of the sale goes to MCSA. These “raffle packages” will also be on display at the store for people to see what they can win.

You can buy these online or in-store. Find more event information here!

No Comments Yet

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.

You may use these HTML tags and attributes: <a href="" title=""> <abbr title=""> <acronym title=""> <b> <blockquote cite=""> <cite> <code> <del datetime=""> <em> <i> <q cite=""> <s> <strike> <strong>