Need to whip up some sweet stuff? Guests coming around for tea? But you don’t have any eggs or oil in the pantry!
You can easily substitute with NOLA Mayonnaise. The creamy, balanced versatility of NOLA means it can be added to almost any dish without overpowering the existing ingredients. Try out these delicious chocolate muffins if you don’t believe us!
Chocolate Mayo Muffins
- 1 Cup (250 ml) Nola Original Mayonnaise
- 1 Cup water (250ml)
- 1 Tsp vanilla extract
- 2 Cups (500ml) all-purpose flour
- 1 Cup (250ml) sugar
- 3 Tbsps. baking cocoa
- 2 Tsps. baking soda
- ½ Cup (125ml)sugar
- 60 g Unsalted butter, melted and cooled
- ¼ Cup(60ml) cocoa powder, sifted
- 1½ Tbsps. plain flour
- In a large bowl, combine the water, Nola Original Mayonnaise and vanilla and blend well.
- In a second large bowl, combine the flour, sugar, cocoa and baking soda; gradually beat into mayonnaise mixture until blended.
- Pour into muffin baking pan. Bake at 180° for 20 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool completely.
- Combine the sugar and butter in a small bowl and stir with a fork until blended.
- Add the cocoa powder and flour – continue to stir until the mixture thickens.
- Use a spoon to spread icing over muffins
For more recipes head to our recipe section.