To celebrate Friday and the weekend, we decided to share a recipe for the most decadent Chocolate Crunch Brownies with you.
We attended a great event with Jungle Oats last week, where we celebrated 95 years of their being the breakfast of champions. One of the highlights of the morning was their introducing new ways to cook and eat oats, presented by the amazing Zola Nene, chef and food stylist on TV’s Expresso. She shared some inspired recipes and then cooked them right in front of us to prove how easy they were, and then we got to taste everything!
There are no words for exactly how delicious every recipe turned out, so we decided to share them with you over the next few weeks so that you could try them yourselves.
Chocolate Crunch Brownies by Zola Nene
To make 12 brownies
250g melted butter
2 cups castor sugar
1 tsp vanilla essence
½ cup cocoa
¾ cups flour
½ tsp salt
375g chopped chocolate
125g Chocolate flavour Crunchalots (the secret ingredient!)
- Preheat oven to 180C.
- Mix together the castor sugar, eggs, vanilla essence and melted butter until the sugar has dissolved.
- Add the flour, cocoa and salt and mix until a batter forms.
- Add the chopped chocolate and Chocolate flavour Crunchalots then mix.
- Pour the mixture into a lined square baking tin and bake for 30 minutes, the brownies should still be slightly gooey inside.
- Allow to cool completely before cutting into squares.
And there you have it – quick, easy and beyond delicious!