Our lives have never been so demanding and busy. As kids return to school, the pressures mount on them to perform academically. Meanwhile, for adults, stress, unhealthy diet, and lack of sleep and exercise take their toll on the body and mind.
Physicians are under growing pressure to treat the fallout of these lifestyle challenges, which include inattention, hyperactivity and skin disorders such as eczema – and they often prescribe stimulant medication to do so.
“Stimulant medication plays a vital role in the management of these conditions, but the long-term side effects are being debated more and more,” says Cape Town-based Louise Lindenberg, a healthcare practitioner who’s known as ‘the autism doctor’. She uses conventional and alternative modalities to stimulate the body’s healing response. “A health supplement like Efamol could really enhance if not manage these conditions.”
Launched on the South African market this summer, Efamol is purported to be the world’s most-researched essential fatty acid molecule. A ‘good’ fat, it’s been developed to nourish the optimal functioning of every cell in a human body, including skin and tissue.
“Efamol’s guiding philosophy for the last 35 years is that looking and feeling good on the outside starts with good nutrition on the inside,” says Lindenberg.
Efamol is available in six products that help manage specific conditions.
- Efamol Brain Concentrate Chewies contain fish oil rich in omega-3 fatty acids, to help with learning ability, concentration and coordination (recommended retail price R185.20)
- Efamol Active Memory combines omega-3 nutrient DHA with two B vitamins to maintain brain function and performance (recommended retail price R213.80)
- Efamol Brain Concentrate Adults are like the Chewies but have a higher strength and concentration of fish oil rich in omega-3 fatty acids (recommended retail price R185.20)
- Efamol Evening Primrose Oil nourishes skin and tissue; the oil is harvest from fully traceable suppliers in Holland and New Zealand (recommended retail price R119.30)
- Efamol Mother & Baby contains omega-3 and omega-6 nutrients vital for the development of unborn babies’ brain and eyes (recommended retail price R195.60)
- Efamol Vision contains nutrients for the maintenance of the structure and functioning of the eye (recommended retail price R198.60)