Every little life matters

I am now 40 weeks pregnant and expecting my tiny little newborn baby any time now. While I wait for her to be born, I cant help but think how small and helpless she will be. Especially compared to my 3 and a half year old daughter, who now seems so so grown up. And yet she is at the same time still such a new little life.

little life

I am still waiting to get a car seat for baby Violet. I understand the problems that mom’s that can’t afford one have. But I have made sure that I can borrow an infant car seat from a friend until I get one, because I am not prepared to risk our newest little life.

Our children are never too young or too old for us to make sure they are properly looked after and safe at all times. Car Seat safety is a big issue in our country. Currently only 15% of children are properly strapped in while traveling. That leaves a VERY SCARY 85% of South African children not in a car seat or age appropriate restraint.

CLICK HERE TO READ MORE OF THIS STORY FROM PRETTY MESSY MELON

Click here to find out more about this article’s author, Melissa

Be sure to SHARE with the easy share buttons on the left!

You have the power to save a little life. One share, seen by one person, who straps in one child, saves a life. #CarseatFullstop

#CARSEATFULLSTOP IS SPONSORED BY VOLVO CARS. YOU CAN DOWNLOAD THE FREE CHILDREN AND CARS MANUAL HERE.

CSFS Banner

CarseatFullstop

CarseatFullstop

#CarseatFullstop is a national car seat awareness intiative. The message – #CarseatFullstop. Every child. Every time. No matter what.

No Comments Yet

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.

You may use these HTML tags and attributes: <a href="" title=""> <abbr title=""> <acronym title=""> <b> <blockquote cite=""> <cite> <code> <del datetime=""> <em> <i> <q cite=""> <s> <strike> <strong>