Looking for an easy recipe for a hearty chicken dish using basics from your pantry?
Look no further because we have a tasty Honey Mustard Chicken recipe for you. Guaranteed to lift the spirits and warm hungry tummies as we head towards winter. Happy cooking!
Famous Honey Mustard Chicken
Cooking Time: 1hr 30min
Preparation Time: 5min
Serves: 4 servings
- 6 chicken pieces (preferably drumsticks)
- 6 tbsp. oil
- 2 tbsp. whole grain mustard
- 3 tbsp. honey
- ½ cup white wine
- 1 garlic clove minced
- ½ onion
- a medium green pepper
- 1 tbsp. paprika
- 1 tbsp. Rajah hot curry powder
- 1 tsp. tumeric
- 1 can Red Kidney Beans
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Brown the chicken pieces on medium heat until they are nicely golden brown, then remove the chicken and put aside.
- In the same pot/pan fry your onion, garlic and green pepper for 2 minutes.
- Add the paprika, curry powder and tumeric, and fry for a further 1 minute, stirring occasionally.
- Add honey, mustard and wine, and simmer for a minute or 2.
- Place the chicken pieces back in the pot and cook for 10 minutes (time will vary according to the thickness.)
- Pour in your KOO Red Kidney Beans and stir. Let everything simmer with the pot/pan now uncovered.
- Serve with rice and salad.
Chef’s tip: Substitute the kidney beans with butter beans for the same great taste!
Recipe courtesy Myia Raven & Precious Graceful Molelekedi via Koo Recipes.