October is a time for new beginnings. Spring has sprung and summer will soon be in full swing, making it the best time for great get-togethers with old besties and new beau’s! It’s also high time to invite the ever-expanding KOO Bean family over to make special memories around the dinner table… or the braai.
They say that ‘no bean beats a KOO bean’, and we must agree. Spice things up at your next celebratory breakfast or braai, with new Baked Beans in Barbeque Flavoured Sauce! Or you could turn up the heat with Baked Beans in Chilli Wors Flavoured Sauce: mouth-watering and moreish.
Another addition to the range, is Black Beans in Flavoured Brine, a protein-packed can of goodness that will make food lovers sit up and take notice. And of course, spice-loving, adventure-seeking foodies will be bound to make a bean-line for the Black Beans in Mexican Style Sauce with red bell peppers. Both are tasty, convenient, versatile and great to eat hot or cold. They can also be added to soups, stir-fries and salads. Mexican dishes are now so quick and easy to put together for the whole family to enjoy. They go perfectly in nachos, burritos, tacos and more. Time to create some new favourite dishes!
Black Bean and Avocado Wrap
- 1 can (410g) KOO Black Beans in Mexican Style Sauce
- juice of 1 lime
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 1 avocado, pitted and sliced
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 2 red peppers, roasted, skinned and sliced into strips
- 250ml (1 cup) grated cheddar cheese
- 8 medium sized flour tortillas
- 65ml ( ¼ cup) ready-made Mexican salsa sauce
- 65ml ( ¼ cup) sour cream
- Warm tortillas in oven according to instructions on packet.
- Lightly drain half of the black beans and place in a bowl, add lime juice and garlic, mash lightly with a fork.
- Spread mashed beans over whole tortillas.
- Arrange roasted red peppers, slices of avocado and remaining black beans, evenly over each tortilla, sprinkle with cheddar cheese, drizzle with salsa sauce and sour cream.
- Roll up the tortilla, tightly. Wrap in plastic wrap and let cool in fridge for at least 15 minutes.
- Slice each roll into 2 pieces. Serve with your favourite sauce or sour cream dip.
COOKS TIP: Leave tortillas open, place the fillings in small bowls and let your guests build their own wraps.
KOO Black Beans in Flavoured Brine and KOO Black Beans in Mexican Style Sauce retail for approximately R18.99, while KOO Baked Beans in Chilli Wors Flavoured Sauce and KOO Baked Beans in Barbeque Flavoured Sauce retail for around R15.99. All four variants are available from retailers and supermarkets across the country.
Recipe courtesy of Koo.