South Africans can enjoy free access to Cape Point during SANParks Week which runs from Monday 8 to Saturday 13 September.
Children are the big winners at Cape Point, based in the Cape of Good Hope section of Table Mountain National Park as they get a free trip on the legendary Flying Dutchman Funicular and a free meal at the Two Oceans Restaurant, if accompanied by a paying adult.
A visit to Cape Point is never complete without a trip on the Flying Dutchman Funicular to see the historic lighthouse and enjoy the iconic views at the Point; for every return adult ticket purchased for R52, a child travels for free on the electric powered funicular. Named after the Flying Dutchman ghost ship sighted by sailors over the centuries, the funicular takes about 3 minutes to travel the steep climb along 585 metres of rail.
Visitors can take refuge from the icy wind, in the refurbished Two Ocean’s Restaurant where children receive a free meal for every main meal ordered by a parent. The restaurant, which was named one of the world’s most amazing restaurants with a view by www.lifebuzz.com and is the only South African restaurant featured on this list, has an incredible viewing deck that enables patrons to feel part of the picture perfect setting.
Children also qualify for 20% off on a kid’s Big 5 dinner set at the Cape Point Lighthouse and Out of Africa retail stores.
The Cape of Good Hope is open 7 days a week (7am to 5pm April to September, 6am to 6pm October to March), with the Flying Dutchman funicular, Two Oceans Restaurant and the curio stores open from 9am to 5pm.
For more information visit www.capepoint.co.za or call the Information Centre on (021) 780 9010/11. Follow Cape Point on twitter @CapePointSA and Like Cape Point on Facebook at https://www.facebook.com/CapePointSA
TERMS AND CONDITIONS:
- The funicular special is valid for return tickets only on a “buy one adult ticket, get one child ticket for free” basis.
- The restaurant special, 1 free kids meal with every main meal orderedis applicable to the Two Oceans restaurant only. No take-aways, and restricted to the number of children actually present at the table.
- The Cape Point Lighthouse and Out of Africa retails stores offer is only available while stocks last. The promotion is not to be used in conjunction with any other discount or promotion.
- Specials are valid during the months of winter, or while stocks last and are only applicable to South African residents with a valid ID.
- Cape Point Partnership reserves the right to cancel, suspend or amend the rules, terms and conditions of the winter special at any time without prior notice.