This festive season spoil your children with something fruity, delectable, divine and delicious that will become a firm family favourite.
Fruit is always a winner with everyone in the family, from children who love the sweet, juicy flavours while parents and grandparents love the nutrition and the taste of summer in every bite. Try this delectable KOO Peach Slice and Peanut Butter Swirl Ice-Cream Sandwich recipe – a mouth-watering dessert that will please every palate around the table.
Make sure your Festive Season entertaining is complete by stocking up with KOO canned fruits, perfect for decadent, delicious desserts that are ready in minutes.
Peach Slice & Peanut Butter Swirl Ice Cream Sandwich
Serves 16 people
Peach swirl ice-cream:
- 1 litre vanilla ice cream
- 250ml (1 cup) mixed fruit jam
- 1 can (410g) KOO Peach Slices in Syrup, drained and finely chopped
- 200g (1 cup) white sugar
- 240g (2 cups) wheat cake flour
- 250ml (1 cup) mayonnaise
- 30ml (2 tablespoons) smooth peanut butter
- 5ml (1 teaspoon) bicarbonate of soda
- A pinch of salt
- 5ml (1 teaspoon) vanilla essence
- For the ice cream: Soften ice cream slightly, mix in chopped KOO PEACHES, return to freezer to harden just a bit.
- Remove from freezer, scoop vanilla ice cream into a loaf pan, drop dollops of the jam between each scoop.
- For the cookies: Preheat oven to 180°C. Mix together sugar, flour, bicarbonate of soda and salt. Add mayonnaise, peanut butter and vanilla. Mix together well.
- Shape into walnut sized balls. (The dough will be crumbly). Press down with a fork, sprinkle with sugar. Arrange on a baking sheet and bake for 12 minutes.
- Cool completely and sandwich cookies with scoops of ice cream. Serve immediately.
Thanks to KOO for this recipe. For more recipes head to our recipe section.