Welcome to Things We Love with Mandy. Working in this industry as both a parenting magazine editor and a mommy blogger, and having a 2 year old daughter myself, I get exposed to so many amazing brands, products and services that make a difference in a mom’s world. I’m spoilt for choice and Things We Love will be where I share my very favourite – UNSPONSORED – finds. I’m starting with a familiar name because I fell in love with their latest campaign – we are loving Ackermans!
Ackermans recently started a campaign to share their gorgeous new 100% cotton Baby’s First Wardrobe range, to promote the Baby Bonanza and to let people know that the Ackermans Baby of the Year competition is launching on 1 March.
Everybody knows that Ackermans has some of the most affordable baby things on the market, but did you know how incredible the quality is? I’m sorry to say that I didn’t. This is the package we received from them to let us see for ourselves the quality of their things – gorgeous baby clothes, the softest blanket I have ever felt, cloth nappies, disposable nappies, facecloths, bibs, baby hats, a baby bath and an Ackermans Hobby Box (an awesome plastic box filled with everything needed to bath your little baby – a sponge, large facecloth, earbuds, wetwipes and soap), with a few other odds and ends.
I was really impressed with The Ackermans My First Wardrobe range, everything was so incredibly soft that my husband spent a lot of time convincing me that beautiful baby clothing is NOT a reason to instantly have another baby (I’m still not sure he is right on that). I also loved the pale brown neutral, pink and white, and the blue and white, stars and stripes design – I couldn’t pick a favourite.
I am a huge cotton fan myself, for the same reasons Ackermans chose 100% cotton for your baby’s first wardrobe
- It’s a completely natural fabric (no chemicals to irritate a newborn’s sensitive skin).
- It doesn’t release any particles that could block or aggravate baby’s air passages.
- Cotton needs nothing more than a wash in hot water with a bit of mild washing powder; so no need for harsh detergents.
- Cotton is naturally soft, so you don’t have to worry about rough edges that may cause chafing.
- Cotton is durable, meaning it can endure lots of washes, making it even more affordable.
- It allows air to flow through your baby’s clothes, regulating your baby’s temperature to ensure they are cool in summer and snug in winter.
- Cotton absorbs moisture easily – great for the spills and leaks that are part of everyday baby life.
- It’s hypoallergenic, so there’s no threat of your baby breaking out in a rash or eczema.
The Baby Bonanza is starting today at all Ackermans’ stores and will run until the 16 March! You can save R40 on Huggies Disposable nappies in sizes 2-5; you can buy any two items (tops or bottoms, ages 3-24 months) for only R90 and the Newborn My First Wardrobe in 100% cotton items start from R34.95!
If gorgeous baby clothing and very low prices aren’t your thing, you can still find a reason to join me us in loving Ackermans if your little one is under 24 months old (I literally JUST missed out on this with Charlotte turning 2 earlier this month). from 1 March to 31 August, you can enter your little one into the Ackermans Baby of the Year competition. Ackermans is celebrating their 100th birthday with R100 000 in prizes and 100 finalists. You can enter on the Ackermans website from the 1st of March.
What has your experience with Ackermans been? If you have a little person and buy one of those adorable outfits, make this mama heart happy and share the photos on our Facebook page!!
Do you have a favourite brand, product or service that tops the list of Things YOU love? Please share with me on email@example.com with the subject line Things We Love with Mandy!
*Mandy is the Editor of Tums 2 Tots Online, you can find out more about her here