Bio-Oil, the skincare brand most recommended by doctors, pharmacists and midwives to help prevent pregnancy stretch marks, is a passionate advocate for childbirth education, to give parents the knowledge to make informed choices.
The theme of this year’s Pregnancy Education Week (13 to 21 February 2016) is ‘Date and way of birth – what would baby choose?’ – highlighting how childbirth education enables you to make informed choices about what’s best for you and your baby. During Pregnancy Education Week, childbirth educators, Bio-Oil and hospitals around the country are teaming up to offer various talks and pregnancy-related activities.
“We strongly recommend childbirth education,” says Lauren Macnab of Bio-Oil, official partner for Pregnancy Education Week. “It allows parents to make informed choices and gives expectant parents invaluable confidence and reassurance.”
Six good reasons to attend childbirth education classes
1) Expertise – educators are experienced nursing sisters and midwives who have chosen to specialise in childbirth education because they passionately believe in it.
2) Knowledge – you learn about ALL the childbirth options available to you, and the pros and cons of each.
3) Tools – you’ll be given practical tips and techniques – such as breathing, relaxation, positions, massage and visualisation – that can help you have an easier birth.
4) Confidence – you and your partner will feel more confident knowing what to expect and how to manage it.
5) Be prepared – you’ll be taught about all aspects of pregnancy and birth, from stretch marks to caring for your newborn.
6) Connections – you’ll meet other expectant parents from your area. Lifelong friendships can be formed.
You can find a childbirth educator in your area and more information on childbirth education and Pregnancy Education Week events at The Expectant Mothers Guide ZA or on their Facebook Page. You can also search the hashtags #WhatWouldBabyChoose and #InformedChoices
This Pregnancy Education Week we’re giving away a Bio-Oil baby hamper worth R1150!
The handy basket contains a soft bunny, cotton babygro, two blankets, a baby scan album, ‘Tips from Moms for Moms’ booklet and three bottles of Bio-Oil, the number one selling scar and stretch mark product in 21 countries.
HOW TO ENTER:
- Like Tums 2 Tots Online Magazine and share the competition
- Complete the entry form below (this step is mandatory to process your entry)
Please be sure to read our competition terms and conditions.
The winner will be announced on Tuesday 01 March. If we are unable to reach you before midnight on Monday 07 March, another winner will be selected.
*This competition is sadly only open to those currently residing in South Africa