Reminiscent of childhood memories, luxury, sweetness and sensuality, chocolate is more than just a food — it is therapy. Christelle le Ru
What is better than chocolate brownies? Not much!
And these decadent chocolate brownies are absolutely perfect to enjoy with a cup of coffee or a delicious glass of milk!
Double Chocolate Brownies
By Grace Stevens
- 125g chopped chocolate
- 125g butter
- 25ml golden syrup
- 500ml brown sugar
- 3 eggs
- 5ml vanilla extract
- 250ml flour
- 125ml cocoa powder
- 75g toasted almonds, roughly chopped
- Preheat oven to 160ºC
- Grease and line a 20 x 20 square cake tin
- In a small sauce pan, melt the butter, syrup and chocolate.
- With an electric mixer, beat the eggs and sugar until thick and pale
- Add vanilla extract, flour and cocoa powder along with the melted chocolate.
- Add almonds.
- Mix well until all ingredients are well combined.
- Pour into prepared tin. Bake for 45 to 60 minutes
- Allow to cool in the tin.
- Turn out onto a board, trim the edges and cut into pieces.