You may be wondering if you are pregnant. The only way to tell is by taking a home pregnancy test, however there are numerous signs to look out for which may indicate that you are pregnant.
Although symptoms may differ from one woman to the next, majority of women experience the same early symptoms.
Here are 8 early signs of pregnancy
- A missed period. This is the most common symptom for any woman who usually has a regular period. It is possible for some women to still bleed during pregnancy, however the bleeding will become a lot lighter and for a shorter period of time.
- Spotting and/or cramping. This symptom usually occurs within approximately 6-10 days of conception. A good explanation for this is that the spotting is caused by the egg being planted into your uterus.
- Fatigue. It is common to feel tired during pregnancy, especially in the early stages. Fatigue may set in as early as the first week of pregnancy. This is as a result of all the hormonal changes that your body is undergoing while pregnant.
- Needing to urinate frequently. This will begin to occur at around 6-8 weeks into your pregnancy. this may be a combination of 3 factors, pregnancy hormones, a greater amount of blood in your system as well as your kidneys working overtime.
- Changes in your breasts. Your breasts will begin to look and feel different. They may become tender and swollen. Your breasts may become sore to touch as they would be before your period. This may begin as early as 1-2 weeks into pregnancy. The area around nipples known as the areola may also begin to darken.
- Food cravings and/or food aversions. During pregnancy many women feel a strong desire for certain foods that they may have previously had an aversions to. Many women also develop food aversions to certain foods and beverages. This occurs early on in pregnancy. These cravings and aversions can last for the entire nine months of pregnancy.
- Morning sickness. This is one of the better known pregnancy symptoms and usually occurs between 2-8 weeks. Morning sickness includes nausea and vomiting, however a few women are lucky enough to avoid this symptom.
- A positive home pregnancy test. While most home pregnancy tests are accurate, if your test shows a negative result yet your body is displaying a large number of the above symptoms and you are in a sexual relationship, you should consult your doctor. If your home pregnancy test shows a positive result, make an appointment with your doctor or midwife.
Your journey into pregnancy has began so embrace it.