The thing about Chocolate Brownies is, that they are just so yummy.
The chocolate smell hits you as you lift it to your mouth, your teeth sink into the gooeyness and the sweet chocolately warmth fills your mouth as you chew. Grace Stevens – master baker, cake maker, and mother of four – shares her quick and easy, family favourite brownie recipe with us.
Easy Chocolate Brownies
- 125g chopped chocolate
- 125g butter
- 25ml golden syrup
- 500ml brown sugar
- 3 eggs
- 5ml vanilla extract
- 250ml flour
- 125ml cocoa powder
- 75g toasted almonds, roughly chopped
1. Preheat oven to 160ºC
2. Grease and line a 20 x 20 square cake tin
3. In a small sauce pan, melt the butter, syrup and chocolate.
4. With an electric mixer, beat the eggs and sugar until thick and pale
5. Add vanilla extract, flour and cocoa powder along with the melted chocolate.
6. Add almonds.
7. Mix well until all ingredients are well combined.
8. Pour into prepared tin. Bake for 45 to 60 minutes
9. Allow to cool in the tin.
10. Turn out onto a board, trim the edges and cut into pieces.
11. Enjoy a brownie with coffee, ice cream or just on its own.
For more recipes by Grace Stevens head here.