This Sunday, 8 September 2019, is
Grandparents’ Day. Affectionately known
as Granny, Grandpa, Gramp, Nana,
Papa or Gogo, grandparents
bring so much joy, love and wisdom
to our lives.
Grandparents’ Day is the perfect opportunity to celebrate these special people and show them how much they mean to us!
Grandparents appreciate a thoughtful gesture and spending time with their families, especially if its time spent enjoying a meal together with their grandchildren. For something a little different and bursting with flavour, fill their tummies with these chicken parcels.
Chicken, Ham & Corn Parcels – serves 4
1 can (410g) creamed sweet corn
1 packet (400g) frozen puff pastry
4 spring onions, finely chopped
1 egg, beaten
5ml (1 teaspoon) ground coriander
4 thin slices ham
100g button mushrooms – sliced
Salt and freshly ground black pepper
2 chicken breast fillets, cut into chunks
50g butter or margarine
30ml (2 tablespoons) dry white wine, optional
- Melt butter or margarine and fry chicken until for 10 minutes or until golden brown
- Lightly fry spring onions and mushrooms. Add sweetcorn, wine, coriander and seasoning
- Roll pastry out and cut into 4 equal squares. Place a slice of ham in the centre of each square
- Spread with a spoonful of sauce. Top with chicken and more sauce. Dampen edges and fold corners to the centre, to make a parcel
- Seal and brush with egg. Arrange on baking sheet. Bake in oven for 25 minutes
Recipe courtesy of Koo.