Grace Stevens – master baker, cake maker, and mother of four – celebrated her birthday on the 20th of April. She was determined to make her birthday one to remember, despite Lockdown.
Everyone the world over is missing take-out and the whole family is sure to love this treat. Apart from this recipe tasting just like your much-loved local pizza restaurant, rolling pizza is loads of fun for both parents and kids. Top with your favourite pizza toppings and this lockdown pizza party is one for the books.
Easy Home-Made Pizza
- 750ml flour
- 300ml water
- 15g fresh yeast (10 ml instant yeast)
- 5ml salt
- 30ml oil (olive oil if you have)
- Tin of tomato and onion
- 2 finely grated courgette
- 5ml Basil pesto
- mozzarella cheese or cheese of your choice, grated
- favourite toppings
1. Preheat oven to 260ºC
2. Combine the yeast, oil and water and mix well.
3. In a large bowl, combine flour and salt.
4. Pour in the yeast mixture and mix well.
5. Turn dough out onto a floured surface and knead until a smooth dough is formed. For about two minutes. Then set aside.
6. Combine tomato and onion, pesto and grated courgette.
7. Divide dough into six balls.
8. Roll each ball out with a rolling pin as thin as you like your crust.
9. Place dough onto a prepared baking sheet.
10. Spread tomato mix onto the base and top with mozzarella cheese.
11. Add toppings of your choice.
12. Bake for 10 to 12 minutes until cheese is bubbling and golden.
13. Serve hot.
Find the whole Lockdown Birthday menu here: Celebrate Good Times In Lockdown