Grace Stevens – master baker, cake maker, and mother of four – celebrated her birthday on the 20th of April. She was determined to make her birthday one to remember, despite Lockdown.
To start she made wonderful savoury sweetcorn fritters which pair perfectly with in-season avocados or a gorgeous soft poached egg.
Sweetcorn fritters are a delicious warm alternative to pancakes and are especially good as the weather turns chilly. Whether you’re celebrating a birthday or not, this recipe is sure to turn any cool morning into a wonderful one.
- 1 can cream style sweet corn
- 1 egg
- 5ml baking powder
- 250ml flour
- chopped parsley
- 3ml salt
- 250ml cheese
- oil for frying
1. Sift flour, baking powder and salt into a medium bowl.
2. Add the remaining ingredients and mix well.
3. Heat a little oil in a frying pan and drop tablespoons of batter into the frying pan.
4. Fry on each side until golden.
5. Serve warm
These are great served as a side to soup or as a quick lunch. They are easy to make with kids.
Find the whole Lockdown Birthday menu here: Celebrate Good Times In Lockdown