Weigh-Less has successfully managed the goals of thousands of people for the past 40 years, helping transform lives with lasting results. Having worked with a number of motivated and unmotivated health aspirants, the group has become an expert in the field of what makes one stick to a goal, whether it’s a new year or not.
If weight loss is one of your goals, Weigh-Less suggests ditching your old ways of thinking in favour of renewed vision and most of all, an action plan! Instead of the usual ‘I want to lose weight’ resolution, think about choosing from the list of the following resolutions. If you use these as your mantra this year, you will constantly be reminded of the reasons why you want to lose weight!
- In 2015 I will pursue good health. I will stick to my goal this year because I want to be healthier. I will make the Best Choices, stay hydrated and carefully monitor my food-intake so that I am able to provide my body with the appropriate nutrients. Through doing this I will lower my cholesterol, stabilise my blood glucose levels, and decrease my risk of heart disease, among many other health benefits.
- In 2015 I will pursue an active lifestyle. This will assist my weight loss, but it will also improve my cardiovascular fitness, and allow me to maintain any weight loss I do achieve. I will take up jogging, or I will increase my time spent exercising or the intensity of my exercise.
- In 2015 I will pursue happiness. I want to be happy, so I will make the changes that I need to feel confident and satisfied with my life. I will stick to my goal so that I feel confident about my body and comfortable in all of my clothes. If I have been feeling complacent and unmotivated within my life, I will take a course or start a hobby that I enjoy. I am just as important as anyone else in my life and I am worth my own effort!
- In 2015 I will practice healthy habits for my children. I want my children to realise the importance of healthy lifestyle habits, and the associated positive rewards. I never want my children to suffer from the weight troubles that have plagued me, and I would like to set a good example for them by practicing portion control, and making the best food choices.
The New Year, Do-over
You may have been too relaxed during the holiday period to plan and equip yourself for a healthier year. Weigh-Less maintains that organisation is the key to ensuring that you are able to carry through the resolutions you have made. ‘Do-over’ your healthy resolutions for 2015 with these organisation tips, before this year tumbles into another year, packed with poor lifestyle habits:
- Do all your shopping for the week: Check the back of your Step Menu Plan for a complete shopping list.
- Prepare and cook in advance: Proteins such as chicken and beef, as these will keep in the fridge for a few days.
- Plan your meals around your day: If you know you are having a business lunch, keep it light for breakfast and dinner, and ensure you have a snack before lunch begins. This stops you from ordering all the tempting no-no’s on the menu.
- Buy a high quality cooler box: If you are taking cooked meals or cold foods to work, a cooler box will keep your food in an edible condition until lunchtime.
Founder and chairman of Weigh-Less, Mary Holroyd sums it up effectively. “Remember, tomorrow is the first day of the rest of your life. You don’t have to wait for next year for a new beginning.”
The Weigh-Less – New Year, New You Do-over Plan, is available in Group for the month of February, 2015.